24 Jul 2017

Clean Skincare | Peachy Fox London

You've heard of clean eating, but let's talk about clean skincare... Similar to the concept of clean eating, clean skincare is basically minimally processed products that don't contain any harmful additives. Peachy Fox London's products are all clean 'lovingly crafted natural and organic products for your skin'. I have rather sensitive skin, any product which doesn't contain any nasties that are going to irritate it further is going to get a big thumbs up from me. 

I was asked by Peachy Fox London if I'd like to trial a couple of their products. I jumped at the chance to give the Anti-Redness Facial Cream a go. As I've discussed before, I have very mild rosacea. This means my skin tends to be on the red side and can get very sensitive and burns depending on the products I use on my face. This cream claims to help calm the appearance of redness and is rosacea friendly. The cream contains clean ingredients such as flaxseed oil, green tea, cucumber extract, chamomile oil and rosehip oil. As soon as I pumped out the product I could smell the cucumber extract, which is very soothing. The texture is thick - thicker than I'd normally go for. I was a little worried that it would be too thick for my very oily skin, but it is not at all. It's fine under make-up and doesn't leave my skin any oilier than usual. The only problem I have is rubbing the cream in. I have to be very gentle as this gave aggravate my skin further and leave it burning. As long as I'm careful at this point, I do see a difference in the redness in my skin. 

The second product I have been trialling from Peachy Fox London is the Aloe Retinol Serum, which is a brand new launch!  The serum is formulated with Jojoba and Arnica oil to help improve the appearance of aged and stressed skin, with added Marine Collagen to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The product claims to 'nourish and hydrate skin, leaving you with a naturally radiant glow'. This has a lavender scent, which isn't my favourite but is relaxing for evening use. I only use this serum at night (and during the day if I'm not wearing make-up) as my skin is oily, if I layer too many products it super greasy and my foundation breaks up throughout the day. Not good. The serum has a lightweight gel-consistency which feels soothing when gently applied to the skin. At the moment I'm actually not too worried about fine lines and wrinkles (thanks for the good genes, mam!) but my skin is definitely dehydrated. I've found that adding this serum into my skincare routine has helped my skin feel much more hydrated and softer to the touch. 

Both of these products made their way directly into my daily skincare routine, and my skin is feeling more calm and hydrated for it. I'm really interested in giving the Marine Collagen Eye Gel a go next, as at the moment I'm not using any form of eye cream. Yikes. 


*I was gifted this product for review purposes, but all views are my own. 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've never heard of these products before but they look very interesting! Great post:)

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either, they're great :)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig